Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Change



*Note: Author wasn't sure whether or not to share this or not. It is unlike previous posts and is very dark so you might not want to read this. I'm sorry, but it's not easy being a Christian. I know I'm not the only one who's ever been angry at God before and I'll admit there are some days that I've felt like this. Sometimes we blame God for what's going on around us and everything is his fault. We must remember, and I encourage you, to continue to praise God even in the wilderness and the desert place, not just where the streams of abundance flow * 

There is always one thing we want to change
It’s beyond our capacities, out of our range


But I believe in a God, the Conqueror of the Grave
The one who sent down his son, for us, to save

But one thing above all I ask God to alter
To heal my father, I pray without falter

It pains me to see what my father has become
He is still faithful. He serves the One.

The One we’re taught has power over life
The One who’s invincible. The one who can end strife

Days pile up, months turn to years
I pray continuously to my God for my fears

I know the God who created the world at the sound of his voice
I thank him each day. I sing and rejoice

The God who can take away my sadness
If it’s his will, take away the madness

I dare to dream of the God who answers prayer
Who knows what’s best and right and fair

When will it happen? I want it now
I question the god, wiping the sweat off my brow

How much longer will my father suffer? What about I?
I didn’t think what I was taught was a lie.

I want to believe in the Power of the Cross
But how can I continue when all I see is loss?

No comments:

Post a Comment