Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Holy Spirit


The Spirit comes and he comes down with fire
And all the strength and hope that I desire

An empty vessel such as I
Have called out to the Lord Most High

Provide for the hope for today
And safely guide me, this I pray

I dare not swerve to the left or right
But instead rely on God’s own might

Touch my here from deep within
Turn away my faults, my sin

The Giver of Life gave the Spirit to aid
The power of Christ, the Conqueror of the Grave

Do we dare doubt what cannot be denied?
The same power given, now in us, resides?

The Spirit of courage to overcome our reluctance
It matters not of how we are in Christ. What matters most is the substance.

The words, images, visions from our Ruler Supreme
If we do not share them, how can they believe?

The Holy Spirit is today is alive and well
It’s inspiration we must need to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment