Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Loaves and Two Fish

Five Loaves and two Fish

What do I have? What can I do?
What do I give as an offering to you?
My gifts seem insufficient. Why do I try?
To give all that I am to Jesus who died.

He’s real, I can sense it. His presence surrounds me.
To follow him requires giving him all that I can be.
Of this is it certain and without any doubt.
There’s no way around this, to sit around and pout.

My gifts seem lacking. I feel I have none.
I feel I have nothing to give to the One.
My Saviour, My Father, Comforter and friend
The one who stuck with me to the very end.

I wish I could dance or sing out to the Lord
To give him the glory to the one who’s adored.
That is not me and never has been.
My whole before, I was covered in sin.

All I have is five loaves, two fish.
It’s not much. I’d give more if I could wish.
It’s all I have. I have nothing more.
For the God of truth, of love and lore.

What happens with my offering to heaven?
It’s not even enough to feed just seven.
What comes of my offering I cannot say
All I can do now is bow down and pray.

Jesus welcomes my gift with arms open wide.
He tells me it’s sufficient and he’ll stay by my side.
Five Thousand men famished, lacking a good meal.
That’s no problem with Jesus at the wheel.

I shouldn’t have doubted Jesus or been afraid.
He accepts my gift at his feet, where it was laid.
I shouldn’t have worried. I shouldn’t have fret.
I should have had confidence in the one who paid the debt.

Here I am now following God as best as I can.
He and Jesus, the supreme Son of Man.
Whatever is given to him is more than enough.
He’s always with you, even when times are tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment