Friday, March 23, 2012

A Father's Love

This poem is about me and my father, who has Huntington's disease..

A father’s love for his son,
Something I can’t even comprehend.
I will never understand,
Even when I’m at very end

I want to feel the warmth of a father’s embrace,
But it was taken away from me at the right time and place.
Because of that and something more,
I wanted to cry and just lie on the floor.

My relationship with my father has already ended
No time can heal the pain that’s infected.
This is the way things have to be.
You must believe me. See papa see!

Time changes all, my dad most of all.
He’s got a sickness and causes a wall.
A barrier now between him and me
It’s so thick, that I’d rather flee.

He’s changed too much, a shade of his past,
So hard to be around, to form a relationship that will last
I no longer know him. It pains me to say,
He needs help. He needs someone to pray.

I regret the change that has come to pass,
I could finally forgive him with God’s class
Even still, I felt an emptiness inside
I wanted to love him, but he was blind.

He could not match what I wanted to give him,
He could not understand the pain I felt from him.
He could never.
Now it’s too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment