Friday, January 11, 2013

A look back


Reflections


Another year over. It’s time to start new.
It’s the time to reflect on all what you do.
You, My Lord, Saviour, and everything in between.
I saw you in the works of your hand I’ve been.

Your people, my companions, in my life of faith.
I would not have gone far if you had not set them in place.
The strength of community, honour and praise.
We worship together by the power of your name.

Still challenges, struggles, each month and day.
There were so many I turned to you, prayed.
I felt defeated and lost in thought.
I overcame those struggles when your voice I sought.

But some things I failed and I dropped the ball.
I didn’t give you my pack, my all.
I wish to continue to turn to the Truth.
My Jesus, my Saviour. I’m choosing you.

Your presence I felt, hearing your voice.
Speaking your words, offering me the choice.
To follow you faithfully, wherever I am.
To take your touch of the power of the Lamb.

As quickly I felt you, I quickly forgot.
I pray for support, My Saviour, How great thou art!
This new year I prayer, Jesus, stay with me still.
Don’t let me forget you. Give me your fill.

Closer, dear, closer, straighter than last
Close to me Jesus, Your rod I cast.
Keep walking in your light, so straight and true.
You ever near me. Lord, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment