Thursday, January 26, 2012

The light was with us.

Lightning shook the ground. The enemy was closing in on us and there was nothing we could do about it. Their numbers were so great I was sure it would mean the end of our way and our people. The darkness took us and we were all so afraid. There was nowhere to run so with trembling hearts we raised our swords to meet our doom.
But then, in the distance, we started to hear the shouts and cries of someone coming up behind us. I knew instantly who was coming. It was my brother. I knew that voice anywhere. He had not abandoned us to the shadow to fade into memory.
With renewed strength and courage I charge fearlessly towards our foe. We all did. Abraham would be lucky if they were any of the enemy left for him to fight. The light was with us that day, and for the first time in a long time we were at rest and the shadows were trembling at our victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment