Saturday, October 20, 2012

Good Samaritan


The Good Samaritan
Luke 10:25-37

From Jericho I go, the city on my mind
From Jerusalem I come to relax and unwind

Halfway there robbers suddenly attack
They beat me, strip me, leave me on my back.

I’m isolated by, the side of the road
Emptied now of all my load

A priest comes close by, in the corner of my eye
I know he’ll help me, I silently sigh.

He crosses the street and leaves me alone
I cannot believe this, I solemnly groan

A Levite appears now, new on the scene
He looked kind and gentle, not surly or mean

I’m sure he’ll help me at this time
To leave me here wasting, would be a crime

But like the priest before, the Levite stumbles
He just ignores me, I call out and grumble

Finally a Samaritan comes into view
I know he won’t help me for I am a Jew

Tears fall to my eyes. My last chance is near.
I know that nobody will ever help me here.

Suddenly the Samaritan is leaning over me
He bandages my wounds, I feel and see

On his sturdy donkey, he lifts me up
He gives me food and drink from the cup

I’m blown away by his compassion
His love for me, turned into action

He takes me to an inn for rest
I still can’t believe how much I’ve been blessed

My neighbour must leave me. He has some plans
My gives money to the innkeeper, saying to do all that he can.

It’s hard for me to believe in the love of others.
But this Samaritan guy, he is my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment