Friday, April 13, 2012

A letter

Hello again,

It's me, Joel. I feel fortunate that I'm able to speak with you again. It's a true blessing. 
And it seems like a thousand things are going on around me. It just seems so ... overwhelming.
For a moment it seems like it's too much to bear. I know it's a lot. It almost makes me want to throw my hands up in despair. It's hopeless and there's nothing I can do about it.

It's almost enough to make me turn away from you. Part of me wants to, but I cannot. How can I turn away now when you've led me safety here thus far? Why would I change directions when you've steered me to my presence location? How can I forget that it was you changed my heart of stone?

And it has not been a long time since I was apart from you. I was not drawing closer to you. In fact it seems in retrospect that I was almost purposefully ignoring you. I'm sorry about that but somehow you miraculously took me in and altered the course of my path, back to where I belong with you.

So I take this moment, the most precious thing that I have and I am reminded of what you have done for me. I was supposed to be the one on that Cross. I know it.

May I be a light in the darkness for your name,

Joel Fast

No comments:

Post a Comment